Research which is multi-disciplinary and Industry oriented is a priority area at SPP-School of Pharmacy & Technology Management.
Some of the emerging areas having commercial value are identified as high priority for research at SPPSPTM.
- Stem cell, their characterization, and their use as regenerative medicine
- Pharmacological evaluation of small molecules/plant constituents/natural products in various animal disease models (Myocardial Infarction,Diabetes Type I & II, Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Atherosclerosis and Gastric Ulcer)
- Role of bioenhancers in improving the clinical efficacy of some drugs
- Importance of reduction of drug-protein binding
- Industrial effluent treatment and recycling of water
- Use of nanotechnology in developing novel drug deliveries
- Research in oncology, chemotherapy and opportunistic infections
- Medicated stents/drug-eluting stents
- Chiral separation (Dynamic Kinetic Resolution)
- Discovery of novel agents including use of Computer-aided Drug Designing
- Toxicological studies for Pharma Industries
- Cryogenic extraction of active constituents from plants
- Memory enhancers of plant origin
- Preparation of Pharmacopoeia monograph
- IPRS for API and other related substances thereof
- Wuster film coating and drug layering
- Oral nanoparticles and oral liquid/solid dosage form
- Nanoparticles in cosmetics
Areas & Group
PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY
COMPUTER AIDED DRUG DESIGN
DRUG METABOLISM AND PHARMACOKINETIC STUDIES
Publications in Peer reviewed International Journal
Publications in Peer reviewed National Journal
Government & Industry Linkages
- Central Council For Research in Ayurveda and Siddha
- CSIR - INDIA
- Department of Atomic Energy Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS)
- Indian Council Of Medical Research
- National Medicinal Plant Board
- Department Of Biotechnology
- Department of Science and Technology
- Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology
- CIPLA Ltd.
- Encube Ethicals
- IPCA Laboratories
- Lupin Ltd.
- Relmada, USA
- Sanofi Aventis
- Themis Medicare Pvt. Ltd.
- Charak Pharma
- Dabur India
- Sandu Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Ph. D. at SPPSPTM, Mumbai