mandatory disclosures : Anti-Ragging Measures
In view of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and in Civil Appeal number 887 of 2009, dated 08-05-2009 to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in all higher education institutions in the country, and thereby, to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically, of all students, the All India Council for Technical Education,(AICTE) brings forth these Regulations.
What constitutes Ragging: - Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Actions to be taken against students for indulging and abetting ragging:
- The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents.
- Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging.
- a) Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- b) An appeal against the order of punishment by the Anti-Ragging Committee shall lie,
- In case of an order of an institution, affiliated to or constituent part, of the University, to the Vice-Chancellor of the University;
- In case of an order of a University, to its Chancellor.
- In case of an institution of national importance created by an Act of Parliament, to the Chairman or Chancellor of the institution, as the case may be.
- The institutional authorities shall intimate the incidents of ragging occurred in their premises along with actions taken to the Council form time to time.
School of Business Management
- Dr. Bala Krishnamoorthy (Chairperson) - Area Chairperson –Business Environment - email@example.com
- Dr. Seema Khanvilkar - Area Chairperson – Communication & Head – Soft Skills Development Program - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Preeti Khanna - Faculty In charge of Student Activities - email@example.com
- Prof. Hari Kumar Iyer - Associate Prof. Pharmaceuticals Management & Faculty Council – Secretary - harikumar.Iyer@nmims.edu
- Ms. Varuna Saksena - Deputy Registrar (Academics)
- Dr. Ajit Ganesh Datar, Advisor, Shimadgu Analytical India Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Dr. Prasenjit Ghosh, Professor, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
- Dr. Laxmikant Gharat, Vice President, Glennmark Pharmaceuticals, Mumbai
Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering
- Dr. S. Y. Mhaiskar (Chairman) - Dean - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Satish Modh (Vice Chairman 1) - Associate Dean (Technology Management) - email@example.com
- Dr. Vijay Raisinghani (Vice Chairman 2) - Associate Dean - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Vaishali Kulkarni (Co-ordinator 1) - Assistant Professor - email@example.com
- Prof. Dhirendra Mishra (Co-ordinator 2) - Associate Professor (Computer) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Prasad Gharat (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Civil) - email@example.com
- Prof. Sawankumar Naik (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Mechanical) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cdr. (Retd.) S. S. Naronakar (Nodal Officer & Secretary) - Dy. Registrar - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Abhay Kumar (Co-ordinator 1) - Asst. Prof., MBA.(Tech.) - email@example.com
- Prof. Manoj Sankhe (Co-ordinator 2) - Associate Prof. (Electronics) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Vinod Jain (Member) - Assoc. Prof. (Electronics) - email@example.com
- Prof. Avinash More (Member) - Assoc. Prof. (Electronics) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Abhay Kolhe (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Computer) - email@example.com
- Prof. Mahesh Mourya (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Computer) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Lakshmi Gorty (Member) - Assoc. Prof. (Maths) - email@example.com
- Prof. Krishna Palod (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Computer) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Sunita Saksena (Member) - Asst. Registrar (Admn.) - email@example.com
- Email ID of Institution - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institutions Website - www.nmims.edu
- Address of the Institution - SVKM’s NMIMS Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering
- Behind Homeopathy College, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai 400 056
- Tel. No. of the Institution : - 0091-22-42334009
- Fax no. of the Institution: - 0091-22-26717779
Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy & Technology Management
- Dr. Bala Prabhakar - Associate Dean - email@example.com
- Dr. Addepalli - Sr. Professor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kalyani Barve - Assistant Professor - email@example.com
- Dr. Meena C. - Associate Dean - firstname.lastname@example.org
Balwant Sheth School of Architecture
- Ms. Aparna Parate (Faculty Representative) - Assistant Professor - email@example.com
- Miss. Tanvi Kundlival - Class Representative – 02nd Year - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Karan Chhibber - Class Representative – 03rd Year - email@example.com
- Mr. Vishesh Khetawat - Class Representative – 04th Year - firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Science
- Dr. Aparna Khanna - Dean - email@example.com
- Mr. Sunil Shirvaiker - Associate Prof.- Statistics - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Purvi Bhatt - Assistant Prof.-Biological Sciences - email@example.com
- Dr. Shilpee Sachar - Assistant Prof.-Chemical Sciences - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Neena Jamsandekar - Course Coordinator - email@example.com
Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce
- Prof. Sangita Kher - Incharge Dean - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Sandeep Hegde - Assistant Professor - email@example.com
Institute of Intellectual Property Studies
Ms. Nazima Munshi - Assistant Professor - firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
School of Distance Learning
- Dr. Vidya Naik (Chairperson) - Associate Dean, School of Distance Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Deepak Gupta - Assistant Professor - email@example.com
- Dr. Nisha Jain - Assistant Professor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Sneha Utekar - Assistant Registrar - sneha.Utekar@nmims.edu
Anti-ragging Committee at hostels
- Shri Bhupesh Patel - Managing & Executive Committee Member, SVKM - email@example.com
- Shri Harshad H. Shah - Managing & Executive Committee Member, SVKM - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shri Rajubhai Shah - Managing & Executive Committee Member, SVKM - email@example.com
- Prof. Seema Mahajan - Director-Centre for Family Business & Entrepreneurship Management - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Varuna Saksena - Deputy Registrar (Academics)
Anti-ragging Committee at Shirpur Campus
Shri. Arun S. Walanj (Nodal Officer) - Joint Director (S & E) - email@example.com
Anti-ragging Committee At Hyderabad Campus
- Mr A Srikanth Pai - Dy Registrar - Chairperson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr R J R Swamy - HoD (Academics) - Professor (Academics – Operations Research) - Member - Ramalinga.Swamy@nmims.edu
- Prof S P Vittal - Asst Professor (Academics – Finance - Member - S.Vittal@nmims.edu
- Prof Sasmita Misra - Asst Professor (Academics – HR - Member - Sasmita.Misra@nmims.edu
- Prof Kavita Kulkarni - Asst Professor (Academics – Marketing - Member - Kavita.Kulkarni@nmims.edu
Anti-ragging Committee At Bangalore Campus
- Dr .Sashi Sivramkrishna - Professor - Chairperson - Sashi.Sivramkrishna@nmims.edu - 40855523 /40855555
- Mr. Ashish Dixit - Deputy Registrar - Member - email@example.com - 40855505/40855555
- Prof . G. Kanti Kumar - Professor (Finance) - Member - firstname.lastname@example.org - 40855543/40855555
- Abira Banerjee - Assistant Registrar - Member - email@example.com - 40855509/40855555