verification/revaluation of answer books under Grievance Redressal Mechanism
All the applications along with the requisite fees / documents may please be addressed to:
The Controller of Examinations,
SVKM’s NMIMS (Deemed-to-be University),
V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle – (West)
Mumbai – 400056
Tel: (91-22) 4235 5555
Please note that all the applications should be forwarded through the School Examination Department in case of Regular Students/Alumnus and through Regional/Information Centers in case of students from Distance Learning Mode.
- The Grievance Redressal Mechanism will apply only to the theory papers of the ‘Semester / Trimester-end Examinations’ of the University.
- The above mechanism will not apply to practicals/ oral examinations/viva/ projects/online examinations/ assignments/ dissertation/ presentation/ field work/ internal continuous assessments, for examinations in distant mode etc.
- The prescribed application form for redressal of grievance regarding valuation can be obtained from the School Examination Office/ University Website.
- All the students will be informed the course-wise marks obtained by them in the ‘Internal Continuous Assessment’ and ‘Semester /Trimester-end Examination’ by the Examination Office, on the date of declaration of result of the examinations of the respective class/es.
- In case a student is not satisfied with the marks awarded to him/her in the theory paper in any course of the ‘Semester / Trimester-end Examination’, s/he may approach the ‘School Examination Office’, along with a signed application in prescribed format either for obtaining the photocopies of the answer-book/s, for each course separately, within three working days from the date of result declaration or for verification of marks within seven working days from the date of result declaration. In no case, a student is permitted to apply for both verification of marks and for photocopy of the answer-book.
- For verification of marks, student has to submit his application as mentioned above along with Rs. 500/- per answer-book. The photocopy will be supplied to the student on payment of Rs.500/- per answer-book. No application, received after three working days from the date of result declaration, shall be entertained for any reason whatsoever.
- Within a period of three working days after receipt of the application for photo copy of answer-book/s, Examination Office will arrange to provide only to the student concerned in person, a photo copy of the answer-book of the related course for which application has been made. The student concerned will have to appear in person and prove his/ her identity at the time of obtaining the photo copies from ‘Examination Office’ by showing his/ her Identity card. Under no circumstances, photo copy will be handed over to any other person, even if duly authorized by the student. The Photo-copy would be authenticated by the ‘Examination Office’ by way of a rubber stamp and initials of competent authority. Also, photo copy shall not be sent by post or by courier.
- The University will provide photo copies of the answer-books only for redressal mechanism and not for any other purpose. The student should not part with these photo copies received by him. He should ensure that such copies are not transferred to any other person for any reason whatsoever.
- Any deviation from the above procedure by the student in any form shall be construed as an unfair act making him/ her liable for appropriate punishment by the University. The decision of the Board of Examinations shall be final in this regard. The penalty for such an unfair act could be ranging from (i) cancellation of his/ her appeal before the redressal committee or revoking unconditionally even if the appeal would be favourably considered (ii) Not allowing the student to appear at examination/s for a stipulated period of maximum up to two consecutive examinations (iii) Cancellation of his/ her result of the examination for which the student has applied for resolution of his/ her grievance.
- In case, after going through the copy of answer-book, if the student is still not satisfied with the marks awarded to him/ her by the original examiner, he/ she shall apply for re-evaluation of the answer book to the Examination Office of the University within two working days from the date of receipt of photo copy from the Examination Office. Incomplete application forms in any respect shall be rejected unconditionally.
- The applicant student will have to submit his/ her complete application for re-evaluation within a period of two working days from the date of receipt of photo copies from Examination Office along-with a fee of Rs. 1,000/- per subject / course to the Examination Office. Incomplete application will be rejected forthwith and fees paid will not be refunded in any case.
- Application for revaluation under Redressal of Grievance received after the stipulated due date shall not be entertained or accepted for any reason whatsoever.
- The application received from the student for revaluation shall be placed before an external examiner for re-evaluation.
- The marks awarded by such external examiner/s in revaluation shall be final and binding on the student applicant and the original examiner, as per the rules.
- The change of marks/grades, if any, as per rules shall be communicated to the student applicant and a revised ‘Grade Sheet’ shall be issued to him/ her only on surrendering the original grade sheet to the Examination Office.
- The whole process of redressal of grievances shall be completed within a period of 15 working days from the date of receipt of application for redressal of grievances.
- In any case, the photo copies of re-evaluated answer-books shall not be provided to the student/s.